THE DEMOCRATIC PLATFORM
The Chester County (Pennsylvania) Democratic Committee believes in Freedom, Fairness, and Opportunity for all Americans, regardless of what they believe, who they are, and where they came from. Join CCDC in making Chester County a better place for all!
We have a chance to fundamentally shape the future of our country.
But that will only happen if all of us work together — starting right now.
Every four years, the Democratic Party puts together our party platform, the ideas and beliefs that govern our party as a whole.
What follows is our 2016 platform — our most progressive platform in our party’s history and a declaration of how we plan to move America forward. Democrats believe that cooperation is better than conflict, unity is better than division, empowerment is better than resentment, and bridges are better than walls.
This party platform was voted on and passed by our membership at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia in 2016. The platform will be updated and re-approved at the 2020 Democratic National Convention.
Download 2016 Party Platform PDF
To read the entire platform, choose a section to jump ahead or scroll down.
Raise Incomes and Restore Economic Security for the Middle Class
Fight for Economic Fairness and Against Inequality
Bring Americans Together and Remove Barriers to Opportunities
Protect Voting Rights, Fix Our Campaign Finance System, and Restore Our Democracy
Combat Climate Change, Build a Clean Energy Economy, and Secure Environmental Justice
Provide Quality and Affordable Education
Ensure the Health and Safety of All Americans
Affordable Care Act Overview
Overview of the Health Insurance Marketplace – Affordable Care Act
When the Affordable Care Act was signed into law in 2010, it carried with it a promise of expanding access to quality, affordable health coverage for millions of American families and small businesses. The law is already making health coverage stronger for the majority of Americans who already have it.
- More than eight out of ten Americans have already begun to experience the benefits of the Affordable Care Act
- Better coverage, including free wellness and prevention care like mammograms and cancer screenings
- Three million kids who didn’t have coverage before now can stay on their parents’ plans until age 26
- For the nearly two in ten Americans without health insurance, there will be a new easy way to get affordable coverage
- Beginning October 1st, a new Health Insurance Marketplace will open in every state, giving Americans a whole new way to shop for health insurance
- For the first time in the history of the private insurance market, consumers in every state will be able to go online to one place to check out their coverage options, get accurate information in easy-to-understand language, and make apples-to-apples comparisons of plans before they make their decision.
To learn more, go to: www.healthcare.gov or Affordable Care Act Pennsylvania Info.
REGION 4: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
Joanne Grossi Joanne.Grossi@HHS.gov
The Public Ledger Building
150 South Independence Mall West – Suite 436 Philadelphia, PA 19106-3499
Office: (215) 861-4633 Fax: (215) 861-4625